Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache
Servings and Ingredients
|¾ c. whole wheat flour|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee baking soda|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee cocoa powder|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee canola oil|
|1 (2.25 oz) container baby food prunes|
|1 ½ c. Splenda sugar blend, divided|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee skim milk|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee white vinegar|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee half-and-half|
|2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped|
|½ tbsp. Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
Things To Grab
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, oil, prunes, 1 cup sugar blend, milk and vinegar in mixing bowl. Mix until well-blended with electric mixer.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or bake in silicone muffin cups.
- Fill cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- To prepare ganache, heat half-and-half and remaining 1/2 cup sugar blend in a small saucepan over medium-high heat just until it begins to boil.
- Turn off heat and add unsweetened chocolate. Whisk thoroughly until chocolate is melted.
- Add butter and stir until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the cupcakes into the ganache.
220 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2010.