Crispy Peanut Brittle
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||packed Hy-Vee light brown sugar|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee butter|
|¼ c.||light corn syrup|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee raw Spanish peanuts|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|4 c.||Hy-Vee Frosted Flakes cereal|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in peanuts. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Gradually add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Spread in ungreased 15-by-10-by-1 inch baking pan. Bake 20 minutes, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
- Microwave Directions:* Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Stir in peanuts; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
- *Due to differences in microwave ovens, cooking time is approximate.
210 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Frosted Flakes cereal