Peanut Brittle for One
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp.||light corn syrup|
|⅓ c.||salted or unsalted peanuts (2 ounces)|
|¼ tsp.||baking soda|
- Butter a metal cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Measure corn syrup into a 2-cup liquid measure, scraping the measuring spoon clean after measuring the first tablespoon and before measuring the second one.
- Add sugar and salt. Mix well.
- In a microwave oven, cook for 1 minute and 15 seconds (700-watt oven) or for 52 seconds (1000-watt oven) at 100% power.
- Add peanuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Cook at 100% power for 1 minute and 15 seconds (700-watt oven) or for 52 seconds (1000-watt oven).
- Add butter, vanilla and baking soda. Stir quickly and thoroughly.
- Spread brittle on the buttered metal cookie sheet. Do not use a glass baking dish. Even tempered glass (like Pyrex) may break as the candy hardens.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Break into pieces. Store in an air-tight jar.
Microwave Cooking for One