Chocolate Peppermint Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. sugar|
|½ tsp. vanilla|
|1 c. flour|
|½ c. butter, softened|
|1 (16 oz) can Hershey's chocolate syrup|
|½ tsp. salt|
|2 c. powdered sugar|
|2 tbsp. milk|
|1 tsp. peppermint extract|
|½ c. margarine, softened|
|½ tsp. green or red food coloring|
|6 oz. chocolate chips|
|6 tbsp. butter|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15-by-10-inch rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the cake, beat together sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, 1/2 cup butter, chocolate syrup and salt. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make mint filling, beat together powdered sugar, milk, peppermint extract, margarine and food coloring. Spread on cooled cake. Refrigerate.
- To make frosting, melt chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter in microwave, stirring often. Spread over mint filling. Refrigerate.
- Bring back to room temperature before cutting into bars or icing will crack. Keep bars stored in the refrigerator or freezer.