Chocolate Peppermint Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||butter, softened|
|1||(16 oz) can Hershey's chocolate syrup|
|2 c.||powdered sugar|
|1 tsp.||peppermint extract|
|½ c.||margarine, softened|
|½ tsp.||green or red food coloring|
|6 oz.||chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15-by-10-inch rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the cake, beat together sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, 1/2 cup butter, chocolate syrup and salt. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make mint filling, beat together powdered sugar, milk, peppermint extract, margarine and food coloring. Spread on cooled cake. Refrigerate.
- To make frosting, melt chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter in microwave, stirring often. Spread over mint filling. Refrigerate.
- Bring back to room temperature before cutting into bars or icing will crack. Keep bars stored in the refrigerator or freezer.