Cheesecake with Pomegranate Sauce
A bright pomegranate sauce offsets this lusciously rich dessert with light and refreshing flavor.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ c.||finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 25 cookies)|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|3||(8 oz each) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|2||(4 oz each) pkg white baking chocolate with cocoa butter, melted and cooled|
|⅓ c.||plus 1/2 c. Hy-Vee sugar, divided|
|3||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|2 c.||pomegranate juice|
|2 tbsp.||light corn syrup|
|½ c.||pomegranate seeds|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- For crust, in a small bowl toss together crushed cookies and butter until combined. Press onto bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and melted chocolate with an electric mixer on medium to high until combined. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour filling over crust in pan, spreading evenly. Place pan in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Pour enough boiling water into 9-by-13-inch pan to reach halfway up sides of 8-by-8-inch pan.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until center of cheesecake jiggles slightly when the pan is gently shaken. Cool cheesecake completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Meanwhile, for pomegranate sauce, in a large saucepan combine pomegranate juice, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Gently boil until sauce is thickened and reduced to 1 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in pomegranate seeds.
- To serve, using the edges of the foil, lift uncut cheesecake out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve topped with pomegranate sauce.
370 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2015.