Cast Iron Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Bread (Get Cooking)
Feel free to serve this dip in the cast iron skillet for a rustic presentation.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (16 oz) pkg Hy-Vee frozen white dinner rolls, thawed|
|4 tbsp. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|4 oz. Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|½ c. Hy-Vee sour cream|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee mayonnaise|
|3 c. loosely packed, chopped fresh baby spinach|
|1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained|
|1 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|½ tsp. sriracha hot sauce|
|1 green onion, thinly sliced|
|¼ c. minced sun-dried tomatoes|
|½ c. Hy-Vee shredded Parmesan cheese, divided|
|1 c. Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese mix, divided|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously butter an 8-inch cast-iron skillet. Find a bowl that is about 5 1/2-inches across the top, spray the outside with cooking spray and place it, top side down, in the center of the skillet. If you can't find a bowl, shape a sheet of aluminum foil into a tight circle about 5 1/2-inches around and 1 inch high and place it in the center. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Arrange the dough balls around the outside of the skillet, pushing them together as needed until they all fit. Brush dough balls generously with melted butter. Cover the skillet with plastic wrap and let rise until puffy, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until combined. Add spinach, artichokes, garlic, sriracha, green onion, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella-provolone mix and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove bowl from center of skillet. Spoon dip into the center space, pushing it right up to the edge of the dough. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until rolls are golden and sound hollow when tapped and the dip is bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Raise oven rack to the top third and switch oven to broil. Sprinkle the rolls with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella-provolone mix and broil until the cheese and dip is browned.
- Let skillet stand at least 5 to 10 minutes, or until just warm (not hot) before serving.
330 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 15%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, December 19, 2015