Without a doubt, these will be the fluffiest, gooiest rolls you’ve ever tasted. An ultra-rich caramel sauce makes them irresistible.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c.||plus 3 tablespoons Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided|
|1||(1/4-oz.) pkg. active dry yeast, about 2 1/4 teaspoons|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cut up|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee shortening|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ c.||cold water|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee brown sugar, packed|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee pecan pieces|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee brown sugar, packed|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
Things To Grab
- For dough, in a large bowl stir together 4 cups flour and yeast; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine buttermilk, sugar, ¼ cup butter, shortening and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat just until butter and shortening are melted. Remove from heat; stir in cold water. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture along with the eggs. Using a wooden spoon, stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in up to 3 tablespoons more flour for 5 minutes to make a soft, but not sticky, dough. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until double in size.
- While dough is rising, butter sides of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. For topping, in a medium saucepan combine 2 cups brown sugar, cream, 1 tablespoon butter and vanilla. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Gently boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour topping into prepared dish. Scatter pecans on top.
- Remove risen dough from bowl and gently roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 18-by-15-inch rectangle. Spread the softened ¼ cup butter evenly over dough. In a small bowl, combine ½ cup brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly on dough. Tightly roll the dough beginning at one long side, keeping the roll as uniform as possible. Pinch the edges to seal. Using a serrated knife, trim both ends. Then cut roll into 12 even slices. Arrange rolls in baking dish, evenly spacing them 4 rows of 3 each. Use your hands to gently press the rolls into the pecans. Cover dish loosely with buttered plastic wrap and let rolls rise until nearly double (about 40 minutes). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover rolls and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until light brown. Let stand in dish on wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter. Serve warm.
- Make-ahead directions: Prepare and bake rolls as directed. Cool rolls completely. Wrap in foil and store at room temperature overnight. Unwrap rolls. Place rolls on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until warm.
620 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 26mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 87g
- Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016.