Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp. flour|
|½ c. sugar|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1 c. half-and-half|
|1 ½ tbsp. dark cider vinegar|
|1 to 1-1/2 c. chopped peanuts|
|4 or 5 bananas, sliced|
|fresh fruit, optional|
- Mix flour and sugar and beat into beaten egg.
- Add half and half.
- Place in saucepan and cook on medium heat until thick, stirring constantly, lowering heat if it should start to scorch.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Add dark cider vinegar and stir.
- In serving bowl, alternate layers of peanuts, custard and bananas (in that order), starting with peanuts and ending with custard. Place a final layer of peanuts on top.
- May use fresh fruits in combination with the bananas.