Apple Snack Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c.||whole wheat flour|
|¼ c.||toasted wheat germ|
|2 tsp.||baking soda|
|4 c.||diced and peeled cooking apples (4 large)|
|½ c.||packed brown sugar|
|1 c.||chopped walnuts or pecans|
|2||eggs, well beaten|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, wheat germ, soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine apples, sugars, oil, walnuts, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture; stir gently with wooden spoon to blend well.
- Turn into baking pan. Bake 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- Cool in pan on rack. Cut into 16 bars.
260 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 5g
Adapted from Woman's Day magazine, Oct. 23, 1978