Apple-Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Servings and Ingredients
|4 large eggs|
|¾ c. sugar|
|2 tsp. vanilla|
|1 ½ tsp. cinnamon|
|1 tsp. nutmeg|
|4 c. milk or 2 c. whole milk and 2 c. half-and-half|
|3 c. cubed bread|
|⅔ c. raisins|
|1 c. unpeeled sliced apples|
|2 tbsp. butter, cut into pieces|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 1-1/2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. While whisking, slowly stream in milk.
- Fold in bread and apples. Pour into prepared dish. Dot the top with butter.
- Place baking dish in a large baking dish and pour enough hot water into the large baking dish to rise about halfway up the 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the center is set and the edges are golden brown.