Bread Pudding Deluxe
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(21 oz) can pie filling|
|4 slice(s)||day-old bread, torn into pieces|
|½ tsp.||lemon juice|
|¼ c.||butter, melted|
|½ tsp.||almond or vanilla extract|
|cinnamon, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pie filling in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Top with torn bread. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pour melted butter on top.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, sugar and almond or vanilla extract. Pour evenly over bread and pie filling. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is set and edges are golden brown.
- Suggestion: Use almond extract with cherry, blueberry or peach pie filling. Use vanilla extract and an extra dash of cinnamon with apple pie filling.