Breakfast Bread Pudding
Servings and Ingredients
|5 c.||Hy-Vee maple and brown sugar shredded wheat|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee dried cranberries|
|2 ½ c.||Hy-Vee skim milk, heated|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee skim milk|
|¾ tsp.||Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee nutmeg|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1||(12 oz) bag Hy-Vee sweetened frozen raspberries, thawed and warmed|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee whipped topping, thawed, divided|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cereal in a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole. Sprinkle with cranberries and toss to mix.
- Pour 2-1/2 cups hot milk over cereal mixture. Gently press cereal mixture into hot milk with a large spoon. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until smooth. Pour egg mixture over cereal mixture.
- Bake 40 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Cool to room temperature.
- Serve with warm raspberries and whipped cream.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee maple and brown sugar shredded wheat cereal.