Steak with Curried Mango-Corn Vinaigrette
Servings and Ingredients
|4 fresh ears of corn or 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed|
|1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
|1 medium mango, seeded, peeled and finely chopped|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee lemon juice|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|½ tsp. curry powder|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|⅛ tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper|
|12 oz. red potatoes, halved|
|8 oz. sugar snap pea pods, trimmed|
|6 c. Hy-Vee spring mix salad greens|
|8 oz. 100% Natural Angus Reserve top sirloin steak|
- If using fresh corn, cut the kernels off the cobs. Cook fresh corn, covered, in small amount of boiling salted water for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain. Thawed frozen corn does not need to be cooked.
- For mango-corn vinaigrette, combine corn, bell pepper and mango in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, curry powder, salt and black pepper. Pour over corn mixture; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cook potatoes, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 10 minutes. Add pea pods. Cook for 1 minute more; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in salad greens.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Trim fat from meat. Grill meat, uncovered, for 15 to 17 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees), turning once halfway through grilling. Thinly slice meat. Transfer to a medium bowl; cover and chill.
- To serve, arrange greens mixture on dinner plates; top with meat slices. Spoon mango-corn vinaigrette over salads.
440 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 49g
- Protein: 20g
Vitamin A 110%
Vitamin C 150%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2010.