Steak Salad Sandwiches with Edamame Aioli
For local flavor, Chef Brandon Zawada mixed edamame into the aioli used as a condiment on this sandwich. Edamame is a type of soybean, a major crop in Illinois.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(1 pound) beef shoulder top blade (flat-iron) steak, cut 3/4- to 1-inch thick|
|2 tbsp.||stone ground mustard|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee honey|
|½ tsp.||kosher salt|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|½ c.||frozen shelled edamame, thawed|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1 ½ tsp.||lemon zest|
|1 tbsp.||lemon juice|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|½||round loaf bakery fresh sourdough bread or 1 whole French baguette, split|
|½ c.||sliced seedless cucumber|
- Trim fat from steak. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish; set aside.
- For marinade, in a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Set aside half of the marinade; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Add remaining marinade to steak in bag; seal bag. Turn to coat steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for edamame aioli, place edamame, garlic, zest and lemon juice in food processor. Cover and process just until smooth. Add oil, a little at a time, until all is incorporated and mixture is emulsified. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to grill, drain steak, discarding marinade. Preheat grill for direct cooking to medium heat. Grill steak 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees) or 10 to 12 minutes for medium (160 degrees), turning half way through cooking.
- Remove steak from grill; let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread edamame aioli over both sides of bread. Arrange steak slices on bread bottom. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Generously top with arugula and cucumber. Add bread top and cut into four portions.
810 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 36g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 1070mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 84g
- Protein: 36g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2014.