Spinach Pasta Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|6 oz. uncooked whole wheat pasta|
|2 tbsp. lemon juice (juice of half a lemon)|
|3 tbsp. olive oil|
|2 tsp. minced garlic (2 cloves)|
|4 c. fresh spinach leaves|
|1 (15 oz) can chickpeas or other white beans|
|2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the lemon juice, oil and garlic.
- While the pasta boils, clean and chop 4 cups spinach; drain and rinse beans.
- Drain pasta and mix with dressing in the salad bowl. Add spinach, beans and feta; combine.
- Chill for 1 hour or more, or enjoy it warm. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 13g
The Whole Grains Council, www.wholegrainscouncil.org