Seafood Recipe Starter for Lobster, Crab or Shrimp
Servings and Ingredients
|12 oz.||cooked fresh lobster, crab or shrimp|
|1||celery stalk, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|1 tbsp.||chopped fresh chives|
|2||to 3 tbsp Hy-Vee mayonnaise|
|Hy-Vee salt and fresh ground Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
- In a large bowl, mix seafood meat, celery, lemon juice, chives and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper and more mayonnaise, if desired.
- Bibb: Forgo the bun and serve meat mixture on Bibb or butter lettuce.
- Spice It Up: Add curry powder, chili powder and/or Cajun seasoning to mayonnaise.
- Thai Basil: Substitute mayonnaise with green curry aioli. Garnish rolls with basil.
- Bacon Avocado: Served each topped with 2 slices cooked bacon and avocado slices.
- Herbilicous Roll: Add 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh herbs: basil, parsley, thyme, tarragon or dill.
- Charred Corn Salad: Roast corn until slightly charred. Remove kernels from ears of corn and toss with olive oil, lime juice, red onion, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Serve roll with lettuce, meat mixture and charred corn salad.
Hy-Vee weekly ad for the week of December 7th, 2014.