Philly Cheesesteak Burger
Bring a touch of Philly to your backyard with this Philly Cheesesteak Burger. The combination of gooey cheese and tender steak makes this burger a real crowd-pleaser.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced|
|1||poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced|
|1||medium onion, thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|2 lbs.||ground chuck|
|8 oz.||rib eye steak|
|¾ c.||jarred Hy-Vee Smooth and Cheesy Cheese Dip|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee mayonnaise|
|⅛ tsp.||smoked paprika|
|6 slice(s)||Hy-Vee provolone cheese|
|6||Hy-Vee Bakery pretzel buns|
Things To Grab
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- To make the patties, combine chuck and 1-1/2 cups of sauteed pepper mixture. Shape into 6 patties. Grill patties, covered, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Grill rib eye steak at same time for 7 to 9 minutes, turning once, or until desired doneness. Thinly slice steak into 6 slices.
- In a large bowl, mix red pepper, poblano pepper and onion with olive oil. Place mixture in a grilling basket and grill, shaking the basket occasionally, until soft, about 15 minutes. Chop mixture.
- For cheese sauce, combine cheese dip with remaining pepper mixture. Heat through and keep warm. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and paprika; set aside.
- To assemble burgers, spread a generous amount of prepared paprika mayonnaise on cut side of top buns. On each bun bottom place lettuce leaf, provolone slice, tomato slice, grilled patty, cheese sauce mixture and ribeye. Top with mayonnaise-covered bun.
1060 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 63g
- Cholesterol: 165mg
- Sodium: 1560mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 67g
- Protein: 54g
Vitamin A 70%
Vitamin C 60%
From the week of May 15, 2013.