Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9x13-inch pan, lightly toss together tomatillos, peppers, onion and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
Pepper Sauce Starter
Make this starter sauce a head of time and freeze in an ice cube tray for later use. The ice cube tray is pre-portioned so it's easy to grab straight from the freezer.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 medium tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered|
|4 large red bell peppers, or yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped|
|2 poblano chile peppers, seeded and chopped|
|2 large white onions, chopped|
|4 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
Things To Grab
- 9x13-inch pan
- Food processor or blender
- Ice cube tray, for storage
Hyvee Culinary Expert TipChile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes. When working with hot peppers, wear protective gloves.
- Roast, uncovered, for 1 hour or until mixture is slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- Divide among thirty-two 2-tablespoon wells of an ice cube tray. Cover tray with foil and freeze for several hours. Transfer cubes to a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
25 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 0g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 35%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2014.