This simple slow-cooker starter will do more than earn a spot in your regular line-up of freezer-ready creations. Once the beef is seared, cook it until fork-tender in a slow cooker. It adapts well to hearty soups and stews, and anything Asian or barbecue.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 ½ lbs.||beef chuck boneless arm pot roast|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1||(14.5-oz.) can Hy-Vee beef broth|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee garlic powder|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
Things To Grab
- Dutch oven
- 3-1/2-to-4-quart slow cooker
- Freezer containers, for storage
- Trim fat from meat; cut meat into large chunks.
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Add one-fourth of the meat; cook until brown, stirring occasionally. Remove meat from Dutch oven; transfer to a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add more oil, if needed, to Dutch oven and repeat, cooking remaining meat in batches.
- Pour broth over meat in slow cooker. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
Divide meat mixture among 3 (3-cup) freezer containers, or 18 (1/2-cup) containers. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before using.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0g
- Protein: 40g
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2014