Molten Chocolate Cakes
The trick to getting the ooey-gooey molten center is to not over-bake them. But even if you do, you'll still have a delicious piece of cake to go with your ice cream.
Servings and Ingredients
|Hy-Vee butter and Hy-Vee cocoa, for preparing ramekins|
|½ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|3 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|1 oz. bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|½ c. superfine sugar|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs, at room temperature|
|2 Hy-Vee large egg yolks, at room temperature|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee flour|
|Hy-Vee vanilla ice cream or Hy-Vee whipped cream, for serving|
Things To Grab
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter 4 ramekins, dust with cocoa powder and place on a baking sheet.
- Microwave butter and chocolate for 3 minutes on MEDIUM-LOW power. Stir and continue to microwave in 30-second intervals on LOW power until melted.
- Using a mixer, beat sugar, eggs and egg yolks on high speed for 8 minutes or until pale and light. Whisk in melted chocolate. Whisk in vanilla, flour and salt. Do not over mix. Divide among prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until edges are set but centers still jiggle. Do not overbake.
- Allow to stand for 2 minutes before inverting onto individual plates. Serve hot with ice cream or whipped cream.
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday Entertaining Cookbook.