Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Dust with cocoa; set aside.
Easiest Molten Chocolate Cakes
Don't be afraid. This is actually an easier dessert to prepare than you might think.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||Hy-Vee butter, plus additional for greasing|
|Hy-Vee baking cocoa|
|6 oz.||bittersweet chocolate|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|Hy-Vee chocolate ice cream, optional|
|Purchased hot fudge sauce, optional|
|Fresh raspberries, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Cool slightly.
- Beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high for 5 minutes. Beat in flour and melted chocolate until combined. Divide batter between prepared ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until sides of cakes are firm but centers are soft. Do not overbake.
- Cool cakes in ramekins for 5 minutes. Run a small knife or metal spatula along sides of cakes to loosen. Invert onto dessert plates. If desired, top with ice cream and hot fudge sauce; garnish with raspberries.
- Make-ahead prep: Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
1110 Calories per serving
1 lava cake
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 84g
- Cholesterol: 495mg
- Sodium: 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 78g
- Protein: 16g
Vitamin A 40%
Vitamin C 0%