Mediterranean-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Servings and Ingredients
|1||red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 c.)|
|6 c.||halved Brussels sprouts|
|4||medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 c.)|
|3 tbsp.||olive oil|
|3 tbsp.||Gourmet Garden Mediterranean Herb Blend (or 2 minced garlic cloves plus 2 1/2 tbsp fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley, oregano)|
|3 tbsp.||dry vermouth or dry white wine|
|3 tbsp.||shredded Parmesan cheese|
|1 to 2 tbsp balsamic glaze, such as Colavita Balsamic Glace|
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line two large roasting pans with aluminum foil; spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and vermouth. Evenly spread about 4 cups of vegetables on one prepared pan. Evenly spread the remaining 5 cups on the other prepared pan. Spread in an even layer so vegetables are not crowded together. They need space for air to circulate and for caramelization to occur.
- Roast the vegetables for 12 minutes. Remove pan with 4 cups vegetables and set aside for Roasted Brussels Sprouts Pizza (see hy-vee.com for recipe). If you are not making the pizza, continue preparing both pans as directed in step 4.
- Sprinkle the vegetables on the other pan with Parmesan and toss gently. Continue roasting until vegetables are well browned, and just fork-tender, 5 to 8 minutes longer. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- To substitute frozen Brussels sprouts: Microwave 3 (16 oz each) packages frozen Brussels sprouts in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 3 minutes on power 6; toss to redistribute. Cover and return to microwave; cook for another 2 minutes on power 6 or until thawed. Cut in half and proceed with step 1 in recipe.
250 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 720mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 220%
Vitamin C 200%