Servings and Ingredients
|6 oz. white chocolate candy coating, chopped|
|3 large marshmallows|
|1 c. flaked coconut|
|1 orange gumdrop|
|1 mini Oreo|
|Mini candy sequins|
|1 chewy fruit snack roll|
|Black rope licorice|
- In a heavy saucepan, melt candy coating over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Cut one of the marshmallows in half. Attach one of the halves to a whole marshmallow to form the base. Press the marshmallows together to form a ball. Dip in candy coating, then roll in coconut to coat. Place on baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Dip remaining whole marshmallow in candy coating and coconut. Place on top of marshmallow base.
- Repeat process with remaining marshmallow half and place on top of second ball. (Turn the marshmallow half so the round side faces the front.
- For the nose, cut a sliver slice from the gumdrop. Using candy coating as glue, attach nose to snowman’s face. Repeat process using candy sequins for eyes and mouth.
- For the scarf, cut a strip from the fruit snack roll and wrap around snowman’s neck.
- For the hat, cut a piece of black rope licorice to fit around the bottom edge of mini Oreo™ cookie.
- Use candy coating to attach licorice to bottom edge of cookie; allow to dry before placing on snowman’s head.
- For arms, cut pieces of string licorice and attach to sides of snowman.
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2009.