Slow cooking allows the flavors to mellow and blend, and the tempeh can absorb some of the sauce.
Servings and Ingredients
|12 oz.||mushrooms, sliced|
|8 oz.||tempeh, diced in 3/4-inch pieces|
|1 c.||carrots, diced in 1/2-inch pieces|
|2||medium onions, chopped|
|1||large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1||small bell pepper, chopped|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|1 ¼ c.||vegetable broth|
|1 tbsp.||dried parsley|
|½ tsp.||caraway seed, lightly crushed|
|1||(10.5 oz) pkg silken tofu|
|1 c.||frozen peas, thawed|
|cooked noodles, potatoes, rice or other grains, for serving|
- Place mushrooms, tempeh and carrots in slow cooker. No need to steam the tempeh first.
- Combine onions, tomato, bell pepper, garlic and broth in blender container and puree. Add the puree to the crockpot and mix well.
- Add paprika, parsley, dill, caraway seed, salt and pepper to crockpot and stir in.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Shortly before serving, puree silken tofu in blender with a little liquid from the crockpot until very smooth and stir into slow cooker. Add peas and heat through.
- Serve over cooked noodles, potatoes, rice or other grains.
193 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Protein: 17g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.