- Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple in half from top to bottom.
- Cut each half in half again, from top to bottom, so that you are left with quarters.
- To remove the hard core that runs down the center of the pineapple, stand each quarter up and cut straight down to remove the core. You will easily see where the core is to know how much to cut off.
- Cut each quarter in half again so that you are left with 8 spears of pineapple. This makes it easier to cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Cut away the outside skin of the pineapple and discard it. Repeat this step for all 8 spears of pineapple and cut pineapple into chunks or leave in spear form.
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, March 25, 2016.