Keep things simple. Keep things healthy. This healthy Thanksgiving recipe is guaranteed to keep both of those promises.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||Reynolds oven bag, turkey size (19 inches by 23 inches)|
|1||medium onion, sliced|
|1||thawed (12 to 24 pound) turkey|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shake flour into a Reynolds oven bag. Place floured bag in a roasting pan that is at least 2 inches deep. Spray inside of oven bag with nonstick cooking spray to reduce sticking, if desired.
- Add sliced celery and onion to oven bag.
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Rinse turkey and pat dry. Brush turkey with oil. Place turkey in oven bag on top of vegetables.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie. Cut six half-inch slits in the top.
- Insert meat thermometer through the oven bag into the thickest part of the inner thigh, not touching the bone.
- Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours for a 12- to 16-pound turkey. Bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours for a 16- to 20-pound turkey. Bake 3 to 3-1/2 hours for a 20- to 24-pound turkey, or until meat thermometer reads 180 degrees.
- Let turkey stand in the oven bag for 15 minutes.
adapted from www.reynolds.com by Hy-Vee dietitians.