Enchiladas for all! Even if you're on a gluten-free diet. To make this recipe gluten-free, use 2 tablespoons of corn starch instead of flour and corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. Just be sure to check the labels on the other ingredients, as some additives may contain small amounts of gluten.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|1 c.||chopped onion|
|4||Hatch chile peppers, seeded and chopped|
|2 c.||chopped cooked chicken breast|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee flour|
|½ tsp.||freshly ground Hy-Vee pepper|
|2 ½ c.||Hy-Vee reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee sour cream|
|1 ½ c.||shredded Hatch chile cheese, divided|
|12||Hy-Vee (6-inch) flour tortillas|
|Hy-Vee salsa, optional|
- To make filling, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions and peppers until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in chicken. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To make sauce, melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in same skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour and pepper and cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Stir 1/2 cup sauce into filling.
- Quickly dip each tortilla in remaining sauce. Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of filling. Roll up and arrange in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 950mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 25g