Graham Cracker Marshmallow Dessert
Servings and Ingredients
|24||whole graham crackers (1 sleeve)|
|1 tbsp.||butter, melted|
|½ pt.||unwhipped whipping cream|
- Place graham crackers in a resealable plastic bag and using a rolling pin, roll into very fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan. Cover bottom of pan with half the cracker mix, pressed firmly.
- Melt marshmallows in milk over very low heat. A double boiler works best, as this mixture burns very easily. Let cool.
- In separate bowl, whip whipping cream. Add vanilla. Stir into cooled marshmallow/milk mixture. Pour into crumb-lined pan. Cover with remaining half of crumb mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
- Keep dessert stored in refrigerator.
Iowa City Hy-Vee customer Bob Hilton, in memory of his mother.