Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. margarine|
|2 c. chopped onions|
|2 c. chopped celery|
|¼ c. parsley flakes|
|1 (8 oz) can mushrooms, drained|
|12 c. dry bread crumbs|
|1 tsp. poultry seasoning|
|1 ½ tsp. salt|
|1 ½ tsp. sage|
|1 tsp. dried thyme|
|½ tsp. black pepper|
|3-1/2 to 4-1/2 c. broth|
|2 eggs, beaten well|
- Melt margarine in a skillet. Saute onion, celery, parsley and mushrooms. Drain off excess margarine.
- *Bake in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
- Place bread crumbs in a large bowl. Pour sauteed vegetables over crumbs. Add poultry seasoning, salt, sage, thyme and pepper. Toss together.
- Add broth to make a moist mixture.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Lightly pack in a 4-quart slow cooker sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook on HIGH for 45 minutes. Reduce temperature to LOW and cook for 4 to 8 hours.