Chocolate Ice Cream
Bust out the ice cream maker and get ready for an indulgent treat. This chocolatly recipe uses both dark and milk chocolate.
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(1.45 oz) bar Hershey’s special dark chocolate bar, broken into pieces|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee chocolate milk, divided|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee cocoa|
|2 c.||heavy cream|
Things To Grab
- In the microwave, melt chocolate bar in a large bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat on HIGH for an additional 30 seconds. Stir in about 1/4 cup chocolate milk. Heat on HIGH for 20 seconds. Stir well. Stir in sugar until completely smooth. Whisk in cocoa and salt until completely smooth. Whisk in remaining chocolate milk and heavy cream. Transfer to a large measuring cup for easier pouring.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Whisk well.
- Freeze ice cream in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Transfer ice cream to a freezer container and freeze.
- Stir in one of these flavorings before freezing in ice cream maker:
- Chocolate-Mint Ice Cream: add 1 teaspoon mint extract Mocha Ice Cream: add 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder Chocolate-Hazelnut Ice Cream: add 1/3 cup Torani hazelnut flavoring syrup
310 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 25g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2011.