Servings and Ingredients
|1||(16 oz) box pipette pasta or small shell pasta|
|1 qt.||heavy cream|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee dried thyme leaf|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|1 ½ tbsp.||Hy-Vee flour|
|12 oz.||chipotle Gouda cheese, shredded|
|2 tbsp.||white truffle oil|
|12 oz.||lump crab meat|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee pepper, to taste|
|1 c.||crushed Hy-Vee kettle-cooked Parmesan and garlic potato chips|
|Truffle oil, to drizzle|
|Chopped fresh chives, to garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch-square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a heavy sauce pan, heat heavy cream, bay leaf, thyme and nutmeg over medium-low heat, just until small bubbles begin to form, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl mix melted butter and flour. Remove bay leaf from heavy cream mixture. Add butter mixture to cream mixture and whisk quickly. Bring to a simmer. When slightly thickened add shredded cheese, whisking constantly until cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat and mix in pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons truffle oil. Add crab and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir crab into the pasta mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top dish with crushed potato chips and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until top is brown and center is bubbly and hot. Remove from oven; let rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle with more truffle oil and chopped chives to garnish.
730 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 53g
- Cholesterol: 200mg
- Sodium: 470mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 42g
- Protein: 24g
Vitamin A 35%
Vitamin C 4%