Soup, Chili & Stew
Chicken and Tortellini Stew
Hearty, but not heavy. That's how we describe this semi-thick Italian tortellini stew. But if you prefer a thinner, broth-based soup, you can omit the cornstarch slurry in step 1.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp.||vegetable oil|
|¾ lbs.||skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes|
|1 c.||frozen crinkle-cut carrots|
|1 c.||frozen cut green beans|
|¾ c.||chopped onion|
|6 c.||Swanson chicken broth or Swanson chicken stock|
|½||(12 oz) pkg uncooked dry cheese-filled tortellini (about 1 c.)|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh parsley|
- Stir the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the saucepot.
- Heat the remaining oil in the saucepot over medium heat. Add the carrots, beans and onion and cook until they're tender-crisp.
- Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Add the tortellini and parsley, if desired. Cook for 10 minutes or until the tortellini is tender. Return the chicken to the saucepot and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
190 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 1035mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 16g
Vitamin A 64%
Vitamin C 8%
Campbell's Kitchen, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of March 26, 2014.