Chef Don's Candied Cashew and Pear Salad
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. granulated sugar|
|2 tbsp. ground cinnamon|
|2 ½ c. cashews|
|2 c. frozen raspberries, thawed|
|½ c. red wine vinegar|
|½ c. olive oil|
|3 c. chopped romaine lettuce|
|1 (10 oz) bag fresh spinach leaves|
|3 fresh pears, cored and sliced|
|½ c. dried cherries|
|1 c. crumbled feta cheese|
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is melted; stirring is not necessary.
- Add cashews and stir until well coated with sugar. Spread onto prepared baking sheet; cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- Process raspberries, vinegar and olive oil in a blender until smooth; set aside.
- Toss romaine, spinach, pears, cherries and feta cheese together in a large bowl. Pour raspberry dressing on top and toss gently to combine. Divide salad evenly among 8 serving plates. Top with cashews.