Cranberry-Citrus Salad with Candied Walnuts
To save time, make the cranberry mixture and vinaigrette up to 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate separately until ready to use.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. Hy-Vee walnuts|
|2 tbsp. light corn syrup|
|1 tbsp. plus 1/4 c. Hy-Vee sugar, divided|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|3 c. fresh or frozen cranberries|
|¼ c. cranberry juice|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Select balsamic vinegar|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|2 clove(s) garlic, minced|
|¼ c. fresh orange juice|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|6 c. torn romaine|
|2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced|
|2 green onions, sliced|
|1 oz. goat cheese, crumbled|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- For candied walnuts, in a medium bowl, combine walnuts, corn syrup, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until nuts are deep golden and sugar mixture is bubbly, stirring occasionally to break up clumps. Cool completely on baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, combine cranberries, 1/4 cup sugar and cranberry juice. Cook and stir over medium heat for 30 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture becomes very thick. Set aside to cool.
- For dressing, in a blender or food processor combine balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, orange juice and oil. Add 1/4 cup of the cooked cranberry mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Line a serving platter with romaine. Add oranges, green onions, goat cheese, cooled cranberries and walnuts. Serve with prepared dressing.
420 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 70%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.