Soup, Chili & Stew
Roasting the cauliflower gives it a mellow sweetness that enhances the flavor of this velvety smooth soup, which is low in fat and gluten- and dairy-free. If the soup seems too thick, just stir in some additional broth.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 small head cauliflower, or 4 cups florets|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|Hy-Vee salt and black pepper , to taste|
|1 shallot, chopped|
|1 stalk(s) celery, chopped|
|4 c. Hy-Vee 33%-less-sodium chicken broth|
|1 ½ c. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee ground cumin|
|Hy-Vee crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Baking pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cauliflower florets with 1 Tbsp. oil. Scatter in a baking pan. Season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until lightly caramelized. Reserve 1/2 cup for serving.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat in stockpot. Add shallot, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until softened.
- Stir in broth, potatoes and cumin. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and stir in 3 1/2 cups cauliflower.
- Blend soup mixture in batches in a blender until smooth. Serve topped with reserved cauliflower and red pepper flakes.
150 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 620 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Protein: 6 g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 100%