Breaded Tilapia with Zucchini Pasta
Everything cooks in the same skillet, so you can make lightly sautéed tilapia and zucchini zoodles without a sink full of dishes.
Servings and Ingredients
|4||(4 oz) fresh or frozen tilapia fillets|
|2||small (1 pound) zucchini and/ or yellow summer squashes|
|Hy-Vee salt and black pepper|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee seasoned bread crumbs|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|1 c.||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|Fresh mint, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Julienne slicer or spiralizer
- Paper towels
- 2 shallow dishes
- Large skillet
- Thaw tilapia, if frozen. Cut zucchini and/or squashes into pasta-like strands using a julienne slicer or a spiralizer; set aside.
- Pat tilapia fillets dry with paper towels; season with salt and black pepper. Place juice from one lemon in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip fillets in lemon juice and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tilapia and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Transfer fish to a platter; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet. Add zucchini pasta. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove zucchini pasta from skillet, reserving liquid. Add cherry tomatoes. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Serve tilapia with zucchini pasta and cherry tomatoes. Quarter remaining lemon; serve one-quarter with each serving for drizzling. If desired, garnish with mint leaves.
260 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 25g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 60%