Black Forest Dream
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. Hy-Vee low-fat baking mix|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee cocoa|
|¼ c. plus 1 tbsp Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 egg, beaten|
|½ c. milk|
|1 (21 oz) can Hy-Vee cherry pie filling|
|Hy-Vee light vanilla ice cream|
|Hy-Vee chocolate syrup|
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine baking mix, cocoa and sugar.
- Mix beaten egg and milk together. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir until moistened.
- Drop dough into 9 portions on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake about 7 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Heat cherry pie filling in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, place one shortcake into each dessert dish. Spoon cherry pie filling over shortcakes.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup over top.