Orange Dream Treats
Calling all citrus fans: This cool, creamy and tangy treat is for you! On a sugar cookie crust made from Hy-Vee Bakery sugar cookies, add layers of Hy-Vee orange sherbet and It's Your Churn vanilla ice cream. Garnish with candied oranges.
Servings and Ingredients
|12||Hy-Vee Bakery sugar cookies|
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|1||(1.75 qt) carton Hy-Vee orange sherbet, softened|
|1||(1.5 qt) container It's Your Churn premium vanilla ice cream, softened|
|Candy oranges, for garnish|
- Line a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch of foil extending over the edges of the pan; grease foil.
- For crust, place cookies in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut cookies until crumbly. Stir in butter. Press evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Spread orange sherbet on crust in pan. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Spread vanilla ice cream on top. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Use foil to lift uncut treats out of pan. Place on cutting board; cut into squares. If desired, garnish with candy oranges.
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2016.