Servings and Ingredients
|1||large bottle Italian vinaigrette salad dressing|
|½ c.||teriyaki sauce|
|½ bottle(s)||Liquid Smoke flavoring|
|½ c.||Worcestershire sauce|
|a generous amount lemon pepper|
|1||whole beef brisket|
|½ c.||barbecue sauce|
- Combine salad dressing, teriyaki sauce, Liquid Smoke and Worcestershire sauce with a generous amount of lemon pepper. Mix well. Combine with brisket. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Place brisket and marinade in an ovenproof dish and bake covered at 300 degrees for 4 to 6 hours. Baste with the marinade every 30 minutes while beef is baking.
- Pour off marinade and reserve.
- Bake brisket uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 1/2 cup of reserved marinade with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Keep warm over very low heat while brisket continues baking.
- Trim fat and slice against the grain. Serve with heated marinade/barbecue sauce mixture.