- Place salmon on microwave-safe plate with thickest part of the fillet toward outer edge of the dish.
- Tuck thin tail of fillet under for even cooking. Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave on MEDIUM heat for 3 to 6 minutes (for 1 pound of salmon). Internal temperature should reach 140 degrees and fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Grill salmon skin-side-up over medium-high heat, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Turn salmon once, grilling until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Preheat broiler. Place rack 3 to 4 inches from the heat source.
- Spray broiler pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place salmon on rack skin-side-up. Cook approximately 4 minutes per side, turning only once, until salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees or fish flakes easily with a fork.