Asparagus with Crispy Prosciutto and Almonds
An asparagus lovers dream, this aromatic side dish will leave you wondering why you don't put prosciutto and toasted almonds on all of your roasted vegetables.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 oz.||sliced prosciutto (about 6 slices)|
|2 lbs.||fresh asparagus|
|4 tsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|1||(2 oz) pkg Hy-Vee sliced almonds (1/2 c.)|
|2 tsp.||grated lemon zest|
|Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay prosciutto slices flat on baking sheet. Bake until fat turns golden and meat is darker, about 15 minutes. Transfer prosciutto to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Snap off and discard woody ends from asparagus. Toss asparagus with olive oil. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Season with pepper. Roast, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until fork-tender, lightly tossing once.
- While asparagus is roasting, place almonds in a shallow baking pan. Toast in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden, stirring once. Transfer almonds to a bowl. Crumble prosciutto; add prosciutto and lemon zest to almonds.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter and sprinkle almond mixture over top. Using a vegetable peeler, drop slivers of Parmigiano-Reggiano over top. Serve immediately.
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014.