Servings and Ingredients
|3 slice(s) Hy-Vee double-smoked bacon|
|1 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed|
|½ red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|½ c. chopped yellow onion|
|6 Hy-Vee large eggs, slightly beaten|
|1 ½ c. shredded white cheddar cheese|
|½ c. Hy-Vee half-and-half, light cream or milk|
|2 tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
- Preheat broiler. In a 10-inch broiler-proof skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon; crumble and set aside.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, bring about 1 inch water to boiling. Add asparagus, pepper strips and onion; bring just to boiling. Reduce heat slightly; boil about 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Spread asparagus-pepper mixture evenly in skillet.
- Combine eggs, cheese, half-and-half, parsley, bacon, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over vegetables in skillet. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting the edges until the egg mixture is almost set.
- Place skillet under the broiler. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until top is just set and begins to turn golden. Cut into wedges to serve.
250 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 230mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 16g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 25%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2011.