Corn and Bacon Frittata
Fresh sweet corn, rich smoky bacon and a sharp nutty cheese make this easy egg frittata nearly irresistible.
Servings and Ingredients
|8||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 tbsp.||cilantro leaves|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee black pepper|
|5 slice(s)||Hy-Vee bacon, cut into 1-inch strips|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1 ½ c.||fresh corn|
|½||orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced into rings|
|¼ c.||thinly sliced green onions|
|½ c.||shredded sharp white cheddar cheese|
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cilantro, salt and black pepper; set aside.
- In a large broiler-proof skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain bacon; crumble and set aside. Wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add corn, red pepper and green onions. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove pepper rings, set aside. Stir in bacon crumbles.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist). Top with reserved pepper rings and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place skillet under broiler 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until top is just set and cheese melts.
370 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 26g
- Cholesterol: 400mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 22g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 40%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2014.