Marion IA Hy-Vee Food Store Grocery Sweep Sweepstake Rules
October 4, 2021 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES: The Marion Hy-Vee Food Store Grocery Sweep Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) shall commence at 12:00:01 am CDT on October 4, 2021 and shall end at 11:59:59 pm CDT on October 12, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266 (“Hy-Vee” or “Sponsor”). In the event of a conflict between the entry instructions and these Sweepstakes rules, these Sweepstakes rules shall control. The clock located on the computer system used by Sponsor to manage the Sweepstakes shall govern with respect to the commencement and end time for the Sweepstakes Period, as well as the time and date of the receipt of each Sweepstakes entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin, who are at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who are able to participate in the shopping spree at the following Hy-Vee Store location (the “Hy-Vee Store”):
3600 US-151, Marion, IA 52302
Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who have, within the past six months, held employment with or performed services for Sponsor, or any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support and fulfillment, advertisement, or promotion of the Sweepstakes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and successor companies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and immediate family members or members of the same households (parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses (whether related or not) of such persons) at any time during this Sweepstakes are ineligible.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
To enter the Sweepstakes, you must sign-up for a free Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® customer loyalty card (“Program Loyalty Card”). By presenting your Program Loyalty Card at the time of each in-store or online purchase that you make during the Sweepstakes Period from the Marion Hy-Vee Store, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes. There is no limit on the number of Purchase Method Entry/Entries per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
To enter the Sweepstakes without signing up for a Program Loyalty Card and making a purchase, hand-print “ATTN – Marion Hy-Vee Food Store Grocery Sweep Sweepstakes – Entry” along with your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and email address (if applicable) on a 3” x 5” card and mail it to: ATTN – Marion Hy-Vee Food Store Grocery Sweep Sweepstakes – Entry, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223 (each an “Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Mail-In Entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period. All Mail-In entries must be postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period and be received by October 12, 2021 to be considered a valid entry.
4. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: The prize winner(s) will be selected by Sponsor via the Sweepstakes platform, random.org, randomizer.org or other online random number generator service, or a random drawing (at Sponsor’s election) on or about October 19, 2021. The prize winner(s) will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The prize winner(s) must be able to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity (where permitted). Sponsor shall use its best efforts to contact the prize winner(s) by phone and/or email immediately following the drawing. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prize winner(s) within one (1) day of first attempt; if the prize winner(s) is/are unable to participate in the shopping spree at the Hy-Vee Store; should any of the prize winner(s) fail to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity; or should any prize winner fail to comply with these Official Rules or any of the following conditions, that/those prize winner(s) may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be declared ineligible and Sponsor shall select alternate prize winner(s).
5. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend on the total number of valid Sweepstakes entries received.
6. PRIZES: One (1) winner will win a ninety (90) second shopping spree with a maximum value of up to $750, to be held at the Marion Hy-Vee Store on Friday, October 22, 2021 at 7:30am, CDT (approximate retail value: $750 per shopping spree). Subject to certain exclusions disclosed herein and as may be determined by Sponsor prior to the shopping spree, the following will apply:
- Shopping spree will be timed for ninety (90) seconds beginning at the front of the applicable Hy-Vee Store and ending at the checkout stand. At the end of the ninety (90) the Winner will immediately stop placing items in the cart and be back at the checkout stand and the items will be tabulated. Items must be placed in cart for items to be counted.
- Winner will shop alone and not receive any assistance from any other person including Hy-Vee Store employees.
- Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® rewards program does not apply to any part of the shopping spree.
- Winner is limited to shopping the designated sales floor only and is not allowed to shop in storage rooms, walk-in coolers, prep areas or any other area designated to Hy-Vee Store employees.
- No items from the spree may be returned or exchanged for any reason. Items are not available for cash value.
- Shopping spree must take place at a time that is designated herein by Hy-Vee Store management.
- The shopping spree value is limited to $750.00 dollars. If items exceed this amount, participant may remove items of their choice to reduce amount when totaling.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Sponsor will impose certain product limitations and product exclusions from the shopping spree. One (1) grocery cart permitted at any one time during the competition. Eligible groceries include certain food items only, which will be disclosed to participants at the time of the shopping spree. Excludes pharmacy, health, beauty, produce, bakery, meat and non-food items. Limit three per eligible food item, regardless of brand or variety. No cash redemptions. No transfer of prize permitted. All costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must accept prize within twenty-four (24) hours of notification that he/she has been selected. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE “AS IS,” AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL TAXES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SALES TAXES, PERMITS, AND INSURANCE SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS, AS WILL ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE TAXES, COSTS, FEES, INSURANCE, AND EXPENSES RELATING TO ANY ASPECT OF THE PRIZES HEREUNDER. All U.S. federal, state, and local taxes, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner may be issued a 1099 form for the actual ARV of the prizes at the time of fulfillment. No cash redemption of a prize is permitted. No transfer of a prize is permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
8. PUBLICITY: Winner must complete a waiver and a media release authorizing Hy-Vee to broadcast the grocery sweep across a combination of TV, radio, social media and print media. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the consent of each winner to Sponsor’s and its respective agents’ use of the winner’s name age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown city and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules (including all eligibility requirements) and the decisions of the Sponsor and any appointed agents, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By entering, winners, on behalf of himself or herself and his or her heirs, assignees, executors and administrators, agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless any and all claims against the Sponsor and all Sweepstakes Entities, from and against any and all liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of a prize, or from participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether or not such injury, loss or damage arises in whole or in part from the negligence of the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities their affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and agents of and any and all Internet servers and access providers, and agree that none of the Sweepstakes Entities shall be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials or for stolen, late, lost, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, or illegible entries, or incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, human error. If, in the exclusive judgment of the Sponsor, this promotion becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Sweepstakes offer and select a Winner from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to deliberately damage or subvert the Sweepstakes or its operation is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of Winner(s), and to disqualify any individual or internet protocol (“IP”) address if Sponsor believes such person or IP address has tampered with the entry or voting process (as applicable), or has acted in violation of these Official Rules. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the last day of the Sweepstakes Period, notice will be posted at the Hy-Vee Store. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Hy-Vee® is a registered trademark owned by Hy-Vee, Inc.
11. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sweepstakes Entity Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
12. PRIZE WINNER AND OFFICIAL RULES: A copy of these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes results may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, postage prepaid written request to Hy-Vee, Inc., Attn: Marion Hy-Vee Food Store Grocery Sweep Sweepstakes, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Written requests must be received by October 12, 2021.