Legacy Game Tickets Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
September 14, 2023 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Legacy Game Tickets Giveway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States of America who are at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees of Hy-Vee, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent and/or affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win prizes. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR: Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223, is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes to be held by the Hy-Vee corporate office.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will commence on September 23, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and end on September 24, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, to submit a valid entry, Entrants must post a comment in response to a Sweepstakes-specific post on Hy-Vee’s corporate Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HyVee/. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per Facebook account per Sweepstakes-specific post. The computer on which each entrant enters the Sweepstakes must have the acceptance of cookies enabled, or any successor technology. All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be considered a valid entry. Further, by entering into the Sweepstakes, Entrant binds himself or herself, as well as Entrant’s spouse, children parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, to the terms and conditions contained herein. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
5. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: The potential Prize Winner will be selected by Sponsor during a random drawing to be held on or about September 25, 2023, from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor for the Sweepstakes-specific post, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Prize winners will be notified of his/her selection by Facebook post or direct message within two (2) days of selection as a prize winner and shall be required to accept the prize within forty-eight (48) hours of notification or said prize shall be deemed refused. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential Prize Winner who will win four (4) admission tickets to the Jack Trice Legacy Game between Iowa State and TCU currently scheduled for October 7, 2023, and one box of Jack Trice Cereal (approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded: $1,000.00). Prize Winner agrees to accept all aspects of the prize “as is,” and Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, and expressly disclaims any warranty of title, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Prize Winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability release form and an IRS W-9 form (i.e., Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification), if applicable. Any prize not accepted by the Prize Winner within forty-eight (48) hours of notification will be deemed refused. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No cash redemptions. No transfer of prize permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. All costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Tickets are valid for one (1) time use. Prize is subject to all standard ticket terms for all Iowa State University Events. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE “AS IS,” AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL TAXES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SALES TAXES, PERMITS, AND INSURANCE SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS, AS WILL ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE TAXES, COSTS, FEES, INSURANCE, AND EXPENSES RELATING TO ANY ASPECT OF THE PRIZES HEREUNDER. All U.S. federal, state, and local taxes, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner may be issued a 1099 form for the actual ARV of the prizes at the time of fulfillment. No cash redemption of a prize is permitted. No transfer of a prize is permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the consent of each winner to Sponsor’s and its respective agents’ use of the winner’s name age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown city and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules (including all eligibility requirements) and the decisions of the Sponsor and any appointed agents, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By entering, entrants, on behalf of himself or herself and his or her heirs, assignees, executors and administrators, agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless any and all claims against the Sponsor, all Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, from and against any and all liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of a prize, or from participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether or not such injury, loss or damage arises in whole or in part from the negligence of the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities or Facebook or their affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and agents of and any and all Internet servers and access providers, and agree that none of the Sweepstakes Entities or Facebook shall be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials or for stolen, late, lost, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, or illegible entries, or incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, human error. If, in the exclusive judgment of the Sponsor, this promotion becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Sweepstakes offer and select a winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to deliberately damage or subvert the Sweepstakes or its operation is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of winner(s), and to disqualify any individual or internet protocol (“IP”) address if Sponsor believes such person or IP address has tampered with the entry or has acted in violation of these Official Rules. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the last day of the Sweepstakes Period, notice will be posted at www.hy-vee.com as well as Hy-Vee’s Facebook page. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Hy-Vee® is a registered trademark owned by Hy-Vee, Inc. Facebook® is a registered trademark owned by Facebook, Inc. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
11. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court located in the State of Iowa; (b) to the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive any right to a jury trial in any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
12. OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS/NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: To receive a copy of these Official Rules (available after September 23, 2023) or to learn the prize winners (available after October 31, 2023), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: ATTN – Legacy Game Tickets Giveway Sweepstakes – OFFICIAL RULES or –WINNERS (please specify), 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223.
THESE SWEEPSTAKES ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
©2023 Hy-Vee, Inc. All rights reserved.