Hy-Vee Summer Sweepstakes Official Rules
May 18, 2022 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States residing in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin, who are eighteen (18) years of age (nineteen  if a resident of Nebraska) or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Hy-Vee Inc., their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, participating retailers, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three  months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on May 18, 2022 at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on September 6, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT ("Sweepstakes Period") and consists of sixteen (16) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as outlined in the table below. The time clock of the computer administering this Sweepstakes is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
||Estimated Drawing Date
||05/18/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||05/24/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||05/25/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||05/31/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||06/01/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||06/07/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||06/08/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||06/14/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||06/15/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||06/21/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||06/22/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||06/28/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||06/29/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||07/05/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||07/06/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||07/12/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||07/13/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||07/19/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||07/20/22,12:00:00 a.m. CT
||07/26/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||07/27/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||08/02/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||08/03/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||08/09/22. 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||08/10/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||08/16/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||08/17/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||08/23/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||08/24/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||08/30/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
||09/01/22, 12:00:00 a.m. CT
||09/06/22, 11:59:59 p.m. CT
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
(a) Purchase Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes via this method, you must visit a Hy-Vee Food Store and sign-up for a free Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® customer loyalty card (“Program Loyalty Card”) if you do not already have one. Next, purchase any Frito-Lay brand product (one greater than 4 ounces; single-serve bags do not count toward the Sweepstakes) at a participating Hy-Vee location with your Program Loyalty Card during the Sweepstakes Period (“Qualifying Purchase”). By presenting your Program Loyalty Card at the time of purchase, you will receive one (1) entry into the random drawing corresponding to the Entry Period in which you completed your Qualifying Purchase. All Qualifying Purchases must be completed by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on September 6, 2022.
(b) Email Entry: To enter without making a purchase or signing up for a Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® card: During the Sweepstakes Period, email [email protected] with “Hy-Vee Summer Sweepstakes Entry” stated in the Subject line and then include your first and last name, complete street address, daytime phone number, date of birth, and email address in the body of the email to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing corresponding to the Entry Period in which you submitted your entry.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day, regardless of entry method. A “day” is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. CT of the same day.
All entrants must have a valid email address. Multiple entrants may not share the same email address. A potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such account. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified. If it is discovered that an entrant used multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulated such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries or prizes, such person will be disqualified and any prize won shall be forfeited.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS: One (1) winner will be selected for each Entry Period in a random drawing on or about each Estimated Drawing Date listed in Section 2 from among all eligible entries received for the corresponding Entry Period (each an “Entry Period Drawing”). Entries will not carry forward to subsequent Entry Period Drawings. All drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for a given drawing. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: Sixteen (16) prizes will be awarded (one (1) per Entry Period): Each winner will receive one (1) $500 Hy-Vee Gift Card. Gift Cards are subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $500.00.
Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Total ARV of all prizes is $8,000.00.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail, Entries or email. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless service providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any data transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the network in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the network; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an Entry submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, Entries, announcement of prizes or these Official Rules. In the event of an identity dispute, the entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the account used for entering. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the phone number or email address by a wireless network provider, Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning mobile numbers or email addresses (or the domain associated with a submitted email address).
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by email at the email address provided by the participant (or associated with participant’s Program Loyalty Card) at the time of entry. The email will contain instructions on how to claim the prize. Prizes must be claimed within three (3) days of email notification or prize may be forfeited. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet or wireless service which may result in a potential winner not receiving an initial prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email address, mailing address or phone number. If (a) an attempted notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, (b) a potential winner does not respond to the prize-claim instructions, (c) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (d) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be delivered within six (6) weeks of winner verification.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree (a) to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, winners (a) agree that the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability including, without limitation, for personal injury or death to participant or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, and its designees and assigns the right to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes (including any prize) is compromised, modified or canceled due to pandemics or epidemics, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis including quarantine measures of any government authority or other restrictions, weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, government restriction, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities. No transfer of prize is permitted. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging, if any. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, at their discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the submission process, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities will randomly award the prizes among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to cancellation. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the eligible states listed in Section 1 and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
Please see Sponsor’s and Hy-Vee’s privacy policies located at http://www.fritolay.com/legal/privacy-policy.htm and http://www.hy-vee.com/company/policy/privacy.aspx for details of the policies regarding the personal information collected in connection with this Sweepstakes. Additionally, any communication between participant and Sponsor or its agencies regarding this Sweepstakes (e.g. phone calls, text messages, chats, emails, etc.) may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes. Winners’ names may be included in a publicly-available winner’s list.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNER'S LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by October 6, 2022 to: Hy-Vee Summer Sweepstakes Winner’s List, PO Box 2334, Addison, TX 75001.
11. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024.
© 2022 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.