Hy-Vee Springtime Party Sweepstakes Rules
March 31, 2021 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hy-Vee Springtime Party Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the following states: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees of Hy-Vee, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent and/or affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win prizes. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR: Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223, is the Sponsor of the Sweepstakes to be held by the Hy-Vee corporate office.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Hy-Vee will hold Sweepstakes beginning on April 5, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and ending on May 2, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. TO ENTER:
Purchase Method: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must sign-up for a free Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® customer loyalty card (“Program Loyalty Card”). By presenting your Program Loyalty Card at the time of each purchase of a qualifying Hy-Vee Private Label (Hy-Vee brand, TopCare, Simply Done, That’s Smart!, Full Circle Market, Tippy Toes, Cravn’ Flavor and Wide Awake) product purchased, packaged goods only (each a “Qualifying Product”), that you make at a participating Hy-Vee Food Store, Hy-Vee Drug Store or West Des Moines HealthMarket within the timeframe designated for each weekly drawing during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Entrants will receive one entry per Qualifying Product purchased (each an “Entry”). There is no limit on the number of purchase method entries per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
Social Media Method: To enter the Sweepstakes through social media, during the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants must respond to a Sweepstakes-specific post on a participating Hy-Vee store’s Facebook page and provide a comment to the post within the timeframe designated in the Sweepstakes-specific post. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per Facebook account per Sweepstakes-specific post during the Sweepstakes Period. The computer on which each Entrant enters the Sweepstakes must have the acceptance of cookies enabled, or any successor technology. All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be considered a valid entry. Further, by entering into the Sweepstakes, Entrant binds himself or herself, as well as Entrant’s spouse, children parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, to the terms and conditions contained herein.
Mail-In Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without making a purchase or responding to a Sweepstakes-specific Facebook post, hand-print “ATTN – Hy-Vee Springtime Party Sweepstakes – Entry” along with your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address (if applicable), and your preferred Hy-Vee Store location on a 3” x 5” card and mail it to: ATTN – Hy-Vee Springtime Party Sweepstakes – Entry, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223 (each an “Entry”). All Mail-In Entries must be received by April 19, 2021 to be considered an eligible entry. There is a limit of one (1) Mail-In Entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: Each week during the Sweepstakes Period, one prize winner will be selected for each participating Hy-Vee Store from among all Social Media Method entries and one prize winner will be selected for each participating Hy-Vee Store from among all other entry methods. All Prize Winners will be selected by Sponsor during random drawings that will be held four (4) times during the Sweepstakes Period from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor for the applicable participating Hy-Vee Store, within the timeframe designated for each drawing, according to the following schedule:
Week 1: Drawing - Monday, April 12, 2021
Enter to win: Monday, April 5th through April 11th
Enter to win via all other Entry Methods: Monday, April 5th through Sunday, April 11th
Week 2: Drawing - Monday, April 19, 2021
Enter to win: Monday, April 12th - Sunday, April 18th
Enter to win via all other Entry Methods: Monday, April 12th through Sunday, April 18th
Week 3: Drawing - Monday, April 26, 2021
Enter to win: Monday, April 19th - Sunday, April 25th
Enter to win via all other Entry Methods: Monday, April 5th through Sunday, April 11th
Week 4: Drawing - Monday, May 3, 2021
Enter to win: Monday, April 26th - Sunday, May 2nd
Enter to win all other entries: Monday, April 26th through Sunday, May 2nd
Sponsor shall use its best efforts to contact the prize winner(s) who entered via the Social Media Method by Facebook post or direct message immediately following selection. Prize Winners who entered to win via the Purchase Method Entry will be notified of their selection by telephone, e-mail, or mail service, within seven (7) days of selection as a Prize Winner. Mail-in Entry Prize Winners will be notified using the personal information they provided at the time of Entry. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during each weekly drawing period within Sweepstakes Period for each participating Hy-Vee store. All prize winner(s) must be able to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity (where permitted). If Sponsor is unable to contact the prize winner(s) within forty-eight (48) hours of first attempt, or should any of the prize winner(s) fail to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity within forty-eight (48) hours of notification, or should any prize winner fail to comply with these Official Rules or any of the following conditions, that/those prize winner(s) may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be declared ineligible and Sponsor shall select alternate prize winner(s).
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: One (1) time each week during the Sweepstakes Period according to the schedule above, Sponsor will select two (2) Prize winners (one from the Social Media Entries and one from all other eligible entries) from each of Sponsor’s participating Hy-Vee Stores (494 winners each week, 1976 total winners). Each Prize Winner will receive a “Mystery Bag” prize basket containing various Hy-Vee Private Brand products (approximate retail value of each prize is $50.00; approximate retail value of all prizes is $98,800.00).
Winners agree to accept all aspects of the prize “as is,” subject to all terms and conditions, and Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, and expressly disclaims any warranty of title, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. RELEASE / INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by entrant or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of the Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the consent of each entrant to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of entrant’s name age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown address for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in its sole discretion, which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Sweepstakes for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on hy-vee.com. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (a) entries that are late, lost, illegible, mechanically reproduced, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that have been submitted using robotic, programmed, script or any other automated means, or illicit means, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (c) for any other errors of any kind, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information relating to or in connection with any Sweepstakes-related materials or the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; (d) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to choose a prize winner by judging all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein.
11. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court located in the State of Iowa; (b) to the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive any right to a jury trial in any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
13. OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS/NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: To receive a copy of these Official Rules (available after April 1, 2021) or to learn the prize winners (available after May 31, 2021), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: ATTN – Hy-Vee Springtime Party Sweepstakes – OFFICIAL RULES or –WINNERS (please specify), 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223. All requests for official winners’ list must be received by June 30, 2021.
THESE SWEEPSTAKES ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
©2021 Hy-Vee, Inc. All rights reserved.