Hy-Vee Fuel Your School Sweepstakes
January 1, 2021 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Hy-Vee Fuel Your School Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the following states: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees of Hy-Vee, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent and/or affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win prizes. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR: Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223, is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes to be held by the Hy-Vee corporate office.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Hy-Vee will hold Sweepstakes beginning on January 1, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) and ending on January 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. TO ENTER:
To enter the Sweepstakes, you must sign-up for a free Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® customer loyalty card (“Program Loyalty Card”). By presenting your Program Loyalty Card at the time of each purchase of a qualifying product listed in Exhibit A (“Qualifying Product”) that you make during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Entrants will receive one entry per Qualifying Product purchased (each an “Entry”). There is no limit on the number of purchase method entries per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
Mail-In Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without making a purchase, hand-print “ATTN – Hy-Vee Fuel Your School– Entry” along with your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and email address (if applicable) on a 3” x 5” card and mail it to: ATTN – Hy-Vee Fuel Your School – Entry, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223 (each an “Entry”). All Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2021 to be considered an eligible entry. There is a limit of one (1) Mail-In Entry per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: All eligible Entries will be separated into five (5) groups based on the Entrants’ geographical region as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize Winners will be selected by Sponsor during random drawings held on February 8, 2021 from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor in each of Sponsor’s five (5) selected geographical regions. Prize Winners will be notified of their selection by telephone, e-mail, mail service, or by presenting his/her Program Loyalty Card at a Hy-Vee Food Store within seven (7) days of selection as a Prize Winner, and shall be required to arrange to pick up the Prize at their local Hy-Vee Food by February 28, 2021 or said Prize shall be deemed refused. Mail-in Entry Prize Winners will be notified using the personal information they provided at the time of Entry. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period for each geographical region.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETIAL VALUES: Sponsor will select ten (10) First Prize winners from each of Sponsor’s 5 geographical regions (50 total First Prize Winners). Each First Prize Winner will receive a Hy-Vee KidsFit membership box ($100 approximate retail value), a $50 Joe Fresh gift card ($50 approximate retail value) and a $50 DSW gift card ($50 approximate retail value). Additionally, each First Prize Winner will be given the opportunity to nominate an elementary, middle or high school in Hy-Vee’s eight state region to receive a $1,000 cash donation from Hy-Vee ($1,000 value for each donation, $50,000 for all First Prize donations). Total approximate value of all First Prize prizes and donations is $60,000.00.
Sponsor will additionally select five (5) Grand Prize winners, one from each of Sponsor’s 5 geographical regions. Each Grand Prize Winner will receive a Hy-Vee KidsFit membership box ($100 approximate retail value), a Gizmo2 watch ($179 approximate retail value), and a $250 Hy-Vee gift card ($250 approximate retail value). Additionally, each Grand Prize Winner will be given the opportunity to nominate an elementary, middle or high school in Hy-Vee’s eight state region to receive a $5,000 cash donation from Hy-Vee ($5,000 value for each donation, $25,000 for all Grand Prize donations). Total approximate value of all Grand Prize prizes and donations is $27,645.00.
Winners agree to accept all aspects of the prize “as is,” and Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, and expressly disclaims any warranty of title, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The prize winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability release form and an IRS W-9 form (i.e., Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification). Any prize not accepted by the prize winner within two (2) days of notification will be deemed refused. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. RELEASE/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by entrant or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of the Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the consent of each entrant to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of entrant’s name age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown address for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to make changes to these Official Rules in its sole discretion which will become effective upon announcement. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or terminate this Sweepstakes for any reason in the event that it cannot be run or administered as intended by the Sponsor(s). Any such changes or termination will be announced on hy-vee.com. Sponsor reserves the right to make the donation to the Prize Winner’s nominated school in Sponsor’s sole discretion and may designate a different elementary, middle or high school within Sponsor’s service territory in lieu of the nominated school. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (a) entries that are late, lost, illegible, mechanically reproduced, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that have been submitted using robotic, programmed, script or any other automated means, or illicit means, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (c) for any other errors of any kind, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information relating to or in connection with any Sweepstakes-related materials or the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; (d) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to choose a prize winner by judging all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein.
11. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court located in the State of Iowa; (b) to the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive any right to a jury trial in any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
13. OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS/NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: To receive a copy of these Official Rules (available after January 1, 2021) or to learn the prize winners (available after February 28, 2021), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: ATTN – Fuel Your School Sweepstakes – OFFICIAL RULES or –WINNERS (please specify), 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223. All requests for official winners’ list must be received by March 31, 2021.
THESE SWEEPSTAKES ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
@2020 Hy-Vee, Inc. All rights reserved.
Any purchase from the following brands qualifies as one (1) entry per item purchased:
Hy-Vee Health Marketing
Hy-Vee Fish Market
Hy-Vee Short Cuts
DiLusso Meats and Cheeses
Tippy Toes baby food
Hy-Vee Rotisserie Chicken or Chicken breast
Any purchase from the following UPCs qualifies as one (1) entry per item purchased:
7545024418 - Greek Chicken Bowl
7545024421 - Chili Lime Chicken Burrito Bowl
7545024415 - Marinated Steak and Vegetables
7545024416 - Balsamic Chicken and Orzo Pasta
7545024423 - Turkey Meatloaf Dinner
7545024424 - Turkey Couscous Dressing
7545024425 - Teriyaki Chicken and Zucchini noodles
7545024426 - Italian Chicken Penne pasta
33383200270 - Fresh Strawberries 1 LB
815887010260 - Fresh Blueberries 6 OZ
7503018074070 - Fresh Red Raspberries 6 OZ
812092030010 - Fresh Blackberries 6 OZ
815887010170 - Fresh Raspberries 6 OZ
66022003710 - Fresh Strawberries 16 OZ
815887010600 - Fresh Label Red Raspberries 12 OZ