Sunny Side Up Burgers
Eggs and hash browns bring out the pork flavors in the burger patty. This is comfort food at its finest.
Servings and Ingredients
|8 oz.||80%-lean ground beef|
|8 oz.||lean ground pork|
|½ c.||yellow onion, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp.||purchased gourmet burger seasoning|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee frozen shredded hash brown potatoes|
|1 tbsp.||plus 2 tsp Hy-Vee unsalted butter, divided|
|1 tbsp.||Gustare Vita olive oil|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|4 slice(s)||Hy-Vee whole wheat, or white bread, toasted|
|4||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|Hy-Vee salt, to taste|
|Hy-Vee ground black pepper, to taste|
|Hy-Vee ketchup, optional|
Things To Grab
- Large bowl
- Aluminum foil
- Charcoal or gas grill
- Meat thermometer
- 10-inch skillet
- Gently combine beef and pork with the onion and burger seasoning. Form mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Place hash brown potatoes, olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the center of a 24-by-12-inch piece of heavy foil. Fold the short ends of the foil over the potatoes, forming a double seal. Seal sides of package, leaving room for heat expansion.
- Preheat grill for direct cooking to medium heat.
- Grill patties and potato packet 14 to 18 minutes or until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165 degres and potatoes are hot with crispy browned areas, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Meanwhile, heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons butter and wait until it foams. Add eggs to hot butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken.
- Serve burgers on toast with hash browns and eggs. Serve with ketchup, if desired.
630 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 41g
- Cholesterol: 285mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 31g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 15%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2014.