Spring Flower Cookies
Part of the fun is twisting apart the spritz to get to the dreamy marshmallow filling.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ½ c. Hy-Vee butter, divided, softened|
|1 c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|3 ½ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|Colored sugar sprinkles, as needed|
|35 small gumdrop candies*|
|1 c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|2 tbsp. orange zest|
|1 tbsp. fresh orange juice|
|1 (7 oz) container marshmallow creme|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups butter with an electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.
- Force unchilled dough through a cookie press fitted with flower shape onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle half the cookies with sugar sprinkles and lightly press gumdrops in sprinkled cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm but not brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- For orange marshmallow creme, beat remaining 1 cup butter until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar, one-fourth at a time, until fluffy. Beat in orange zest and juice and marshmallow cream until well blended.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme mixture over flat sides of the plain cookies. Place a sprinkled cookie on top, flat side down. Let stand until set.
- *Gumdrop candies can be cut in half to make shorter, if necessary.
230 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 25mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Spring 2014.